Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Heyy everyone! My name is Nicole Toumey. I am a Junior here at Lock Haven. I am an Elementary Education major and trying to decide if I want to do a reading minor. I am from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. I have a younger sister named Kaitlin and a younger brother named Michael. I have two dogs which I love. At home I have a little dog named Camo and here at school I have a lab named Holli. In high school I was a cheerleader and I also cheered my freshmen year here for Lock Haven. I don't do cheerleading anymore but find other things to keep myself busy. I love being with my family and friends, tanning, being at the beach, and running occasionally.
I went to a rather small Catholic high school so our technology in school was somewhat lacking. We did have a small computer lab where every student atleast once had to take a computer class as a minor class. This class basically just went over Microsoft Office material, such as excel and powerpoint. I remember making a newspaper page in this class but I believe this was the most indebt assignment we did. I feel that I have a good background with powerpoint but probably could not do much else.
I really hope this class helps me gain a better understanding of how to use technology more in my classroom. I want to make all my lessons very interesting and with technology there are endless possibilities. I'm looking forward to all there is to learn in this class and hope to get a lot of new information out of it.

No comments: